How does it work?

Get in touch with Philip through the 'Contact' page, including some information and images of the piece(s) in question and we'll get back to you to arrange a site visit where Philip will appraise the piece(s) in situ and provide a detailed estimate of works to be completed + costs.

Upon acceptance of the estimate(s), a 40% deposit of the total cost is payable and, once paid, the work is added to the schedule. The remaining 60% is payable on completion.

Where are you based and how can I get my items to you?

The workshop is located in St Saviour, Guernsey, Channel Islands. Visits are by appointment only, please contact us for directions.

 

Collections and deliveries are the clients responsibility unless otherwise organised. We are happy to arrange collection and delivery for an additional cost.

What's the best way to contact you?

Email is always preferred but we are also contactable by WhatsApp, telephone and contact form. Please see below for a link to our contact page:

How much will it cost?

How long is a piece of string? Every job is different and estimates will vary. Philip's detailed estimates provide complete transparency into the work involved, materials used and processes undertaken.
 

What's your ethos?

We take our position within the heritage sector very seriously and work hard to maintain the continued use of traditional techniques, materials and hand tools. We work closely with fellow conservators, craftspeople, the Furniture History Society and other institutes and museums to ensure sympathetic and accurate attention to detail in all that we do. Philip is a member of the Furniture History Society, the Institute of Conservation and the International Institute of Conservation.

Do you offer workshops or work experience?

We may have something exciting in the pipeline regarding workshop experiences so please watch this space.

Please feel free to contact us regarding temporary work experience for school leavers.

PB56E5_edited_edited.png

FREQUENTLY ASKED
QUESTIONS

What Our Clients Say

R S

124062055_1809472025871225_3971064340500007596_n.jpg

Philip has great sensitivity to the age and origin of the item
he is working on and thus retains its unique character and
originality. He has repaired/restored several items for me
and I found his expertise and workmanship excellent.